Vegan food recipes to share with the world.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Most Awesome Brownies Ever!!!!

There's a never ending battle between me and my sweet tooth. One that I am perpetually destined to lose. So that means I have to find many, many healthier alternatives to satisfy my endless cravings. That being said, I will be bringing you some of my favorite recipes from books or blogs. I present to you now some of the most amazing brownies I've ever had. The recipe comes from the fabulous culinary blog 101 Cookbooks, definitely worth your time to explore. But here's the best part, other than the fact that they freaking rock. They are completely flourless and use 2 cups of cooked black beans. Yes folks, BLACK BEANS!
Of course, everyone is completely grossed out when I tell them about these. But let's just say I didn't have that many left over for myself. People at my job were eating two at a time. They're small, but rich. So worth a try. I don't know what else to say about it other than just go make them. I posted the link to the recipe below. I made them completely vegan by substituting the eggs with a flax/hazelnut milk mixture. If you want more details about that let me know. Have at it!
101 Cookbooks Black Bean Brownies.

2 comments:

Jammin Jess said...

that looks amazing! How much of the hazelnut mixture did you use to make up for the eggs?

Melissa said...

hmmm, according to my candle cafe cookbook it's two part's liquid to one part flax seed. I tried to make an amount that I thought was equivalent to 4 eggs. I think that's what the recipe calls for. But I encourage you to play with that amount. I usually start off with 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds and 2 tablespoons liquid. Let it sit for 5 - 10 minutes after whisking before using!